Some entries are personal, just comment if you want to be added, k? I won't bite :P
Many thanks to bnleah for the lovely 'friends-only' banner and to applecandy22 for making some banners for me too
OK I camped out in front of the TV at around 9 p.m. this evening to catch the announcement of the Oscar nominations for one reason only...to see if Amy Adams made it. There used to be a time when I was obsessed with the Oscars and awards shows and the glitz and glamour of it all, but now not so much anymore. I only get interested when I'm actively rooting for someone, and this year it's Amy. She's my new Sandra Bullock.
Unfortunately, she didn't make it. But then I learned that three of Enchanted's songs were nominated, including So Close, which has been on constant rotation in my iPod since I saw the film. And since That's How You Know and Happy Working Song are also nominated, it means Amy will be at the show after all to perform (that is, if there will be a show!) So WGA and AMPTP, get your acts together so I can see Amy perform, ok?
And I totally forgot Prison Break was on until it was already halfway through. Months ago, I was so obsessed with the show that I watched even the replays, now I forget that it's on. :(
Any artistic and photoshop/art-savvy individuals out there?
I need your help.
Nope, I won’t be asking for a new layout, I just need your objective opinion about something which needs the evaluation of a person knowledgeable about layouts and graphic design and such (in other words, someone who is definitely NOT me).
Things to love about Gossip Girl, which premieres this Wednesday on CW:
1. Josh Schwartz. Spoiled rich kids. Winning combination.
2. The clothes. The shoes. The bags. The New York lifestyle.
3. That guy pictured in my icon. Penn Badgely's portrayal of Dan Humphrey is so unlike the character as described in the books, but it didn't really matter to me because Penn is so likeable (and crush-able) in the role.
Things not to love about Gossip Girl:
Basically, if you're a big fan of the books and you're looking for an accurate adaptation, you might be severely disappointed. The writers have been quite liberal in tweaking the storyline and the characters, and we're only in the first episode!
If this ever happens, I will be beyond ecstatic!
Homer, Bart, Lisa and a Prison Break plot? Do I smell a Wentworth Miller cameo on the horizon?
Finally! We have some news as to the new members of the cast for Prison Break's third season.
Newcomers in the can for Fox's Prison
Robert Wisdom draws a blank from me, I don't recall seeing him in any film or tv show before. But Jodi Lyn O' Keefe? I remember her from She's All That, and she definitely wasn't all that. In fact, I vaguely remember cringing at her acting in that film. To be fair though, it was a brainless teen romantic comedy which was released in the late 90's. <crosses fingers>So she could have improved her acting skills by now </crosses fingers>
...so here's my movie meme. Obviously, I'm a sucker for date movies :)
 Pick 12 of your favorite movies.
 Then pick one of your favorite quotes from each movie.
 Post the quotes in your journal.
 Have those on your friends list guess what the movie is.
 Extra points for knowing the actor and character's name.
 Strike out the quote once it has been correctly identified.
1. I gave her my heart, she gave me a pen.
2. I love you. And not, not in a friendly way, although I think we're great friends. And not in a misplaced affection, puppy-dog way, although I'm sure that's what you'll call it. I love you. Very, very simple, very truly.
You total slut, you have a crush on him. You're defending him, you love him, you wanna have, like, ten thousand of his babies! smirky_turkey
4. Don't you blame the movies, movies don't create psychos, movies make psychos more creative!
5. Now could all conversations please come to a halt? And could the suicide attempts please be postponed till the next period?
I have to warn you, I've heard relationships based on intense experiences never work.
7. Verbal ability is a highly overrated thing in a guy, and it's our pathetic need for it that gets us into so much trouble.
If you don't play there's no music. If there's no music they don't dance. If they don't dance they don't kiss and fall in love and I'm history. bnleah
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking? smirky_turkey
10. You're born into a family. You do not join them like you do the Marines.
You have your looks. Your pretty face! And don’t underestimate the importance of body language! bnleah
12. This is my one chance at happiness. I have to be ruthless!
I just watched Roger Federer lose in straight sets to Filippo Volandri. #$&*$&#*&#&$!
I am SO not looking forward to the French Open anymore. Last year, the question was whether Roger could possibly defeat Nadal in the final (for a set and a few games, it looked like he could). Now, the question is whether Roger can even make the final! At the rate he's going, anyone in the draw is capable of taking him out on his worst surface. If Volandri can do it, why can't Gonzalez? Or Gasquet? Or (gasp!) Blake or Roddick?
To make matters worse, everyone else in my household is a Nadal fan (or "anyone other than Federer" fan), and they're all gloating at my expense now.